Below you can find information about what “cookies” are, what kind of cookies we use, how to disable cookies in your browser, and how to specifically disable the installation of third-party cookies. If you can’t find the information you’re looking for, send us email@example.com.
What are they and what cookies are used for?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to the User’s device when accessing certain content through web pages, electronic media and/or applications. Cookies allow an application or web page, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a User or their equipment and, depending on the information they contain and the way they use their device, they can be used to recognize the User.
Cookies are safe insofar as they can only store the information used by the browser, the information that the user has entered in the browser or that which is included in the page request.
Some cookies are strictly necessary for the proper functioning of a website and/or application and may not contain viruses or damage your device.
Others serve different purposes, such as favoring navigation between pages and/or applications, storing the user’s preferred language, allowing user preferences to be remembered, or detecting whether you have previously visited it.
Cookies are essential for the operation of the internet, providing countless advantages in the provision of interactive services, facilitating navigation and usability. Cookies can not damage the computer and that they are activated helps to identify and resolve potential errors.
What types of cookies are used in Yuvod?
2.1. Depending on the entity that manages them, the cookies used can be classified as:
- Own cookies: are those cookies that are sent to your device and managed exclusively by us for the best operation of Yuvod. The information collected is used to improve the quality of our service and your user experience.
- Third-party cookies: cookies that are deposited by a server from another domain, with the authorization of the site you are visiting (for example, when you press social media buttons or watch videos hosted on another website or application). We cannot access the data stored in the cookies of other websites or applications when you browse the aforementioned websites or applications. In the event that cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by Yuvod but the information collected through them is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as own cookies.
2.2. Depending on the period of time they remain activated, you can differentiate between the following cookies:
- Session cookies: they are temporary files that remain in the browser’s cookie history until the Website or applications are abandoned, so they are not registered on the hard drive of the user’s computer or mobile device. The data obtained through these cookies serve to analyze traffic patterns and data communication. They allow providing a better experience to improve the content and facilitate its use.
- Persistent cookies: they are stored on the hard disk and the Website and applications read them every time a new visit is made. Despite its name, a persistent cookie has a specific expiration date. The cookie will stop working after that date. They are generally used to facilitate the different services offered by web pages and applications.
2.3. Depending on the purpose of the cookie:
- Analytical cookies: cookies can be used in combination with analytical data to individually identify user preferences in Yuvod.
Performance cookies: this type of cookies preserves the user’s preferences for certain tools or services so that you do not have to reconfigure them every time you visit Yuvod and, in some cases, they can be provided by third parties. Some examples are the volume of audiovisual players, article sorting preferences or compatible video playback speeds.
- Advertising cookies: these are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the editor has included in a web page, application or platform from which it provides the requested service based on criteria such as the edited content or the frequency at which the ads are displayed.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: these are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the editor has included in a web page, application or platform from which it provides the requested service. These cookies store information on the behavior of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows developing a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
- Geolocation cookies: these cookies are used by programs that try to geographically locate the situation of the connected computer, smartphone, tablet or television, in order to offer you more adequate content and services.
- Other third-party cookies: in some of our pages third-party cookies can be installed to manage and improve the services they offer. An example of this use are the links to social networks that allow us to share our content.
How can the user block or eliminate cookies?
The user can allow, block or delete the cookies installed on their computer by configuring the options of their internet browser. In case you block them, it is possible that certain services that need their use may not be available to the user.
Below we offer the user links where you will find information on how you can activate your preferences in the main browsers:
- Internet Explorer: Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Settings. For more information, you can consult Microsoft support or browser Help.
- Firefox: Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> History -> Custom Settings. For more information, you can consult Mozilla support or browser Help.
- Chrome: Settings -> Show advanced options -> Privacy -> Content settings. For more information, you can consult Google support or browser Help.
- Safari: Preferences -> Security. For more information, you can consult Apple support or browser Help.
The User can revoke their consent previously granted to the installation of cookies at any time by removing the cookies installed on his computer through the configuration of the browser options, as indicated in the section “block or eliminate cookies”. However, this may impact the functionalities of the Website or of the applications used by the User, making the user experience less satisfactory.